texinfo

One of my problems building egcs on mips-sgi-irix6.4 seems to have
been that I didn't have xgettext installed.  Is the top-level
configure secretly configuring texinfo?  I bet it is, since I don't
ever see texinfo's usual autoconf output.  Perhaps texinfo complained,
but I never knew about it?

At the very least, perhaps we should add something to the installation
guidelines that says that you must first install the gettext package.

--
Mark Mitchell <mmitchell@usa.net>
http://home.earthlink.net/~mbmitchell