Re: EGCS-1.0.2 pre fails on Spec CPU 95

  In message <rzqg1ksvxte.fsf@djlvig.dl.ac.uk>you write:
  > Do I misunderstand what `static store' is?

  > We can already
  > -malign-double happily for Fortran to get static data (is that the
  > right term?) aligned properly, e.g. in COMMON.
Doesn't -malign-double effect the alignment of stack variables and
parameters?

  > However, stack
  > allocation (arrays or not) may still be a killer, as with the code
  > where the problem was discovered originally.  I understood the stack
  > problem was sorted, modulo appropriate crt, by a Schmidt/Lehmann
  > patch, waiting on paperwork from Lehmann which seems never to have
  > turned up according to copyright.list.
It's more than that.  Changing the alignment of doubles in the stack
changes the ABI; you've got to be careful as hell to make sure that
old code still works correctly.

I've got a copy of Marc's assignment, but haven't had the opportunity
to go back and do anything with the double patches.  Damn I'll be
glad when 1.0.2 gets out the door!

jeff