Re: Auto-rpath revisited...

Richard Henderson writes:

> On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 12:13:34PM -0800, Lee Iverson wrote:
>> But I don't want you to shut up, I want to get this right.  What do
>> you want to be saved from?  As I said before, any rpath entries the
>> user specifies are retained and have highest priority.

> But this looses when the library isn't installed yet.

If the library isn't installed yet, you'll *have* to specify its
runtime path, so the right thing to do is to not guess library path if
the user specifies it himself.  However, for libraries that are
implicitly linked in by the compiler, it is reasonable that the
compiler provides the shared library runtime path itself.

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org