Re: forward from linux-kernel

  In message <19980218020930.56829@cerebro.laendle>you write:

  > this is a recent post by linus torvalds, in a discussion about
  > bad long long performance in gcc. (part of linus wishlist):
We need to be *very* careful about trying to optimize long long
stuff on the x86.  The register pressure & reloading issues are
extremely tricky.

In fact, I would recommend that we start thinking about fixing
register allocators  & reload before we start thinking about
optimizing long long stuff.

jeff