Re: Direct CVS Access to egcs sources

On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

:   > That is what I want. I can easily remove those. But I may not
:   > want to override the previous one. It helps track down the new
:   > bug when it appears.
: But it's not clear if that's what the rest of the folks here want; we've
: had a couple for and a couple against.

:   d. Version # and date updated for snapshots

This is my vote (which is already done, right?)--because it actually is
manageable.

What we need more than tipping up the date every night is for a little
tutorial on using CVS and its various included commands, `diff' in
particular.

If I read the thread correctly, this is all about making sure that we know
what revision of a file goes with a user supplied patch.  If we get people,
who are using CVS instead of downloading tarfiles of snapshots or releases,
to properly do `cvs diff', the revisions of files in a patch should be
obvious from the cvs diff output.  If the people in question are using
downloaded tarfiles, the revisions are obvious (they have a given
-regcs_ss_?????? tag).

Now, did I miss something big?  Probably, but oh well--ignore me if so.  :)

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Bus. todd_vierling@xn.xerox.com)
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price