Re: egcs-980205 and m68-next-nextstep3: quick death

  In message <9802082028.AA26597@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>you write:
  > [ ... patch deleted for brevity ... ]
  >
  > Yes.  OTOH, I saw a discussion already about the "right" way to
  > solve this (probably via libiberty ?).  Note, however, that I do
  > know next to nothing about the configure business, so I'm just
  > waiting for others to advise ...
Well, the "right" way isn't likely to be running in the immediate
future, so we might as well get things working again until the
"right" way is ready :-)

  > Oh, BTW, does anyone have a quick answer to the question why a
  > standard `./configure; make bootstrap' now leads to gcc being used
  > as the initial compiler (instead of cc, assuming both are in the
  > path) ?
I thought configure always preferred gcc to cc if it could find gcc.

jeff