Snapshot info

I've hacked on the snapshot script to fix up the problems with the .brik
diffs and make the brik code a little more robust.  So that problem
should not resurface in the future.

However, since the 971225-980115 snapshot diffs didn't correctly update
the .brik files, odds are if you used them that the .brik diffs for
this snapshot will not apply correctly.   In the 1998-01-22 snapshot
dir I've included the .brik file for the 980122 snapshot so folks using
the snapshot diffs can resync their .brik file.

I've also automated more of the snapshot process -- everything but
sending the announcements, and updating the ftp server itself happens
via the snapshot script.

Due to the security measures in place on the Cygnus network it's
not easily possible to automate updating of the ftp server itself
at this time.  The good news is we're planning on moving ftp service
to egcs.cygnus.com and at that time I can finish automating the
rest of the snapshot process.

jeff