bison, SCO OSR 5.0.4

I've done 'make bootstrap' on several different egcs snapshots, and did
so again yesterday after collecting yesterday's code with cvs.

Having picked up today's updates with cvs, I again ran configure and
this time just typed 'make'.  It barfed on not finding bison on my
system (SCO OpenServer 5.0.4)

So I installed bison and the compilation is proceeding, but why would
yacc suffice for 'make bootstrap', but not for just 'make'?

--
Jean-Pierre Radley   jpr@jpr.com   XC/XT Custodian   Sysop, CompuServe SCOForum