Re: Remaining generic bits from sparc64-linux merge

  In message <199710021950.PAA04406@jenolan.rutgers.edu>you write:

  > The following have still not been applied.  This is fine, but I would
  > like some feedback on whether the maintainers have some reservations
  > about applying these changes, and if so what the specific problems
  > are.
  >
  > Thu Oct  2 15:28:24 1997  David S. Miller  <davem@tanya.rutgers.edu>
  >
  > 	* rtl.c (read_rtx): Use atol/atoq based upon disposition of
  > 	HOST_WIDE_INT.
  >
  > 	* genattrtab.c (write_test_expr): Use proper format string based
  > 	upon disposition of HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT.
  > 	* genemit.c (gen_exp): Likewise.
  > 	* genpeep.c (match_rtx): Likewise.
  > 	* genrecog.c (write_tree_1): Likewise.
  >
  > 	* c-lex.c (yyprint): Use proper format string based upon
  > 	disposition of HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT.
  > 	(yylex): Put casts in right place for args to build_int_2.
I was looking at these some more, and as it turns out we already have some
code to handle printing 64bit values.  HOST_WIDE_INT_PRINT_{DEC,UNSIGNED,HEX}
are format strings defined in machmode.h.

Seems to me the right way is to use those format strings to deal with
this problem instead of checking for this case in each of those files.

Can either you or JJ take care of this so that we can get these patches
installed?

jeff