Re: -fcheck-memory-usage, Checker, Purify, and core files.

  In message <199801162341.SAA09526@aura.saic1.com>you write:
  >   When even a simple program (one malloc) is compiled with this option it
  > causes an internal compiler error 11 (SEGV), and dumps a 10 Meg core
  > file (this has been reported by at least two people already).
I don't think -fcheck-memory-usage has ever worked, in any tree.

  >   On August 3rd EGCS branched off.  I suspect that more changes where made
  > to the GNU baseline related to this option since then, but it hasn't
  > been copied over.  (At that time I could only speculate... now that
  > GGCS 2.8.0 is out I can check for myself).
We do periodic merges from the gcc2 tree, which includes the -fcheck-memory-usage
code.  The latest snapshot has everything you'd find in gcc-2.8.

However, I'd still be suprised if -fcheck-memory-usage works.

jeff