Re: egcs-1.0.1 (fwd)

>I get the following when trying to run the fortran compiler from an
>unpriveledged user:
>
>[kyleg@aspsys2]$ g77 -o run.me smtest.f
>f771: /tmp/cca31376.s: I/O error
>
>Any idea what may be going on?

Well, it'd be useful to know whether "gcc -o run.me something.c" works,
meanwhile I'd guess that you have a directory protection problem in /tmp,
or some bad disk spots, or something.  Try doing different things
that use /tmp, do them as user `root', and so on.  Maybe you have
too little user-accessible disk space left in /tmp.  Most of these
guesses would, I think, result in a clearer message, but maybe not
under certain circumstances (as Unix isn't exactly architected to
deliver reliably clear diagnostics).

        tq vm, (burley)