Re: libgcc problems with shared libraries

Sorry, I was too hurry with my previous letter.
Indeed, suggested workaround doesn't solve the problem,
but only the following situation:
  shared "libshr1.so" linked with static "libst.a",
  executable "main" linked with both "libshr1.so" and "libst.a".
When executable is linked with two or more shared libraries, each
of those is linked with the same static library, nothing helps because
when AIX linker builds a shared object, it resolves reference to

Moreover, it seems to me that some symbols in libgcc, if linked
into a shared library, cannot be exported, at least this permanently
cause AIX linker to generate invalid executables with the diagnostic
like the following:
ld: 0711-768 WARNING: Object /tmp/ccQj2qqa1.o, section 1, function ._savef14:
        The branch at address 0x8 is not followed by a recognized no-op
        or TOC-reload instruction. The unrecognized instruction is 0x91A1FF24.

adding -fPIC option during libgcc build doesn't have any effect (and as I
understand, it is not needed on powerpc systems).

Andrey.