Mklinux and egcs 1.0.1

I have been trying to build and install egcs 1.0.1 on my 8100 (2r1.6)
with shared library
support.  Currently I am having problems with the shared library which
the egcs build
process creates for libstdc++.  Any program which attempts to link to it
at runtime
heads south in a big way.  Not hanging, just churning away without
actually getting
started.  It will continue to do this until it gobbles up all the memory
in the system,
crashing it.  Eventually, I get a message from the default pager that
suggests I enable
swapping because it can't get any more free pages.

The build process seems to go OK for egcs.  I installed the new version
of binutils
as instructed by the installation instructions.  (binutils 2.8.1.0.18) I
installed them
into /usr/local/binutils2.8 and modified my path to include
/usr/local/binutils2.8/bin before
the system directories.

The egcs testsuite will not complete because of this same problem.  (The
hounddog program
attempts to run with libstdc++.)

Should I abandon building egcs with shared lib support?   Has anyone
else gotten this installed properly?  I have tried to build egcs w/o
shared support, but the same thing happens when I start up a program
which links with the stdc++.

Thanks much for all the help

--Thomas Hoyt

--
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger."