Re: looking for thread_safe_eh_patch

>>>>> Sundar Narasimhan writes:

Sundar> Hi, I'm looking for a patch known as the "thread_safe_eh_patch". I
Sundar> patched our copy of egcs-1.0 with the diff file to come up to 1.0.1
Sundar> but on our AIX machines try/throw's still do not work in
Sundar> multi-threaded code. (I notice "sjthrow" is used in our environment,
Sundar> and the threads library we are using is pthreads).

Sundar> I was told that this patch is something I should have. I'd like to
Sundar> check and make sure if this has been rolled into our code base from
Sundar> the diffs.

	EGCS-1.0[.1] does not include the thread-safe EH functionality.

	While EGCS now implements the appropriate compiler options to
enable threads support on AIX, that is not enabled by default -- this
affects both EH threads and Objective C.  There also is a question of what
macros signifying threading support enabled should be tested in the EH
threading support changes.  I suggested that the library should recognize
AIX's own standard macro, as the library does for other OSes, instead of
defining its own.

	I never received a response or saw discussion about either of
these issues so nothing has changed.

David