Re: threads support on solaris

Hi, Jeffrey

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.970820010833.10992B-100000@drabble>you write:
>   > starting with Solaris 2.5 Sun ships POSIX
>   > threads bundled with OS. Grand idea is to
>   > make posix threads default option for
>   > multithreading ObjC runtime support if
>   > we're building on solaris 2.5+.
>   > Please find enclosed patch which
>   > makes thr-posix default on
>   > solaris 2.5 and up if
>   > user sets --enable-threads
>   >
>   > Can someone take a looke at this?
> Does Teemu Torma's recent changes supercede your patch?  Or are they
> separate issues?
>
> jeff

i didn't receive Teemu patches due to
e-mail problem. Can you send in to me in
private mail? Or will it be in next
snapshot ? I'll take a look
and report.

>From reading archives i've got an
impression that they are separate issues
though patches have to be integrated together.

The only objection i have right now is
that --enable-threads will have two
separate meanings in configure.

Maybe better have separate options - one
for MT safe EH and another for
ObjC runtime ?

regards

OK