Re: make cross with egcs?

Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> writes:

>   In message <q9iusmmssk.fsf@fphp16.tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>you write:
>   > and it went one a bit. After a short while it came up with missing
>   > include file stdio.h. I tried to copy the include files from the glibc
>   > to /opt/share/cross/include and set the cross include directory in the
>   > egcs Makefile. It then found the stdio.h, but it couldn't find any
>   > iincludefile that was in a subdirectory (like sys/), whereas the sys
>   > dir and the file was there.
> As you realized this indicates that the compiler isn't finding the
> cross include files.
>
> Are there actually any "sys" include files in /opt/share/cross/include?

/opt/share/cross/include/stdio.h (and others) exist, also
/opt/share/cross/include/sys/... exists, but thos aren't found
(stdio.h is found). It seems that it doesn't search in the
subdirectories for recursive includes.

>   > Any idea whats wrong there? Shouldn't configure ask for the cross
>   > includedirectory?
> There's options to set the cross include directory.  By default it
> is $(libsubdir)/sys-include

The configure should check if they exist in the default path I would
think, but thanks for pointing out the option.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn