Re: How do I manually instantiate template functions with -fno-implicit-templates

Alexandre> Mark Johnstone writes:
>> Using egcs 1.0.X how do I manually instantiate template functions
>> when I'm using -fno-implicit-templates, now that guiding decls have
>> been removed?

>> template void foo (bar a, baz b);

Alexandre> template void foo<> (bar a, baz b);

Alexandre> ... should do.

Alexandre> -- Alexandre Oliva mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br
Alexandre> mailto:aoliva@acm.org http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva
Alexandre> Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil

Thanks for the reply.  I tried adding the <> to the decl as you
suggested, but it didn't make any difference.  The template is still
not instantiated with -fno-implicit-templates, but is instantiated by
adding -fguiding-decls.

I'll try to come up with a very short test case that I can post.

--

Mark S. Johnstone, Ph.D.  Methodology and Tools Development
markj@ibmoto.com          Networking & Computing Systems Group