Re: useless trampoline address alignment

  In message <199712191014.LAA10079@mail.macqel.be>you write:
  > Testing trampolines, I have found some strange code generated to get the
  > address of the nested function.  The code aligns an address that should
  > be generated correctly aligned.  This is on m68k-motorola-sysv, but I surmi se
  > it is target-independent.
I think the code is just trying to be overly generic, and as a result
isn't as efficient as it could be on some machines like the m68k.

I believe the alignment is necessary for targets that do not define
a template (do we have any such targets?)

I don't think this is a very serious problem, so I'm not going to
dive further into it.  However, if you want to try and optimize away
the useless rounding instructions I wouldn't object.

jeff