Fixes for broken headers.

Jeffrey A Law wrote:
>   >  2. Some checks should be rewritten to use my new ${target...}
>   >     stuff, because building a cross compiler will otherwise
>   >     fail to fix some header files; most tests are like
>   >     `if [ -f /vmunix ]...' which of course can be
>   >     misleading (or even wrong!) in a cross environment.

I have a fix for all this stuff, that includes massive performance
enhancements.  Now that Egcs-1.0 is out, are you ready to deal
with a reimplementation of fixincludes?

Also, I ran into a problem on UnixWare 2.1.2.  For one thing, X11
resides in a directory under .../X11R6.1/... and the emacs configure
scripts do not expect to find it there.  Beyond that is a header file
problem (which is why I mention it in this message).  One of the
headers under that directory contains an unprotected typedef for
wchar_t.  It is immediately preceeded by a comment that says that
the following line needs to be customized for the target system.
SCO obviously forgot to do that.  The correct fix is to replace the
typedef with a line "#include <stddef.h>" and copy it to where
it would be found before the regular X11 include stuff.  This last
part is what I could not figure out how to do.

If you are ready, please tell me how to deliver fixincludes to you.
If anyone else is interested in playing with it, I will
send it to them, too.  I am reluctant to email 100K to
hundreds of uninterested recipients tho.

--
Bruce Korb                      | Data Design Systems, Inc.
Korbb at DataDesign dot com     | 45 Cabot Dr., Suite 110