Re: Compiling egcs-1.0 on a Sun-Sparc-Solaris-2.5

  In message <349A8934.9D860437@orionsci.com>you write:
  >       I am trying to compile egcs-1.0 on a Sun-Sparc-Solaris-2.5
  > using 'gcc-2.7.2.1'. I am getting an error about a 'f/bad.c' file
  > missing when it tries to make f77. Is it possible that the 'make'
  > that I am using is buggy. I am not using the 'GNUmake' but
  > the 'make' that came with solaris.
I suspect you're getting this error because you're not using GNU make
which has better VPATH support than Sun's make.

If you can't use GNU make, then you've got several options to avoid
the Fortran stuff:

  1. Remove it from the source tree, then reconfigure & rebuild egcs;
  drastic, but effective if you won't want Fortran.  However, I suspect
  you'll run into more problems of the same nature later.

  2. make bootstrap LANGUAGES="c c++" or something simlar, taking care of
  leave out "f77" in the LANGUAGES specification.    Same potential problem
  as #1.

  3. configure and build in the source tree.  We don't generally recommend
  this, but it might be suitable for your situation.

jeff