Re: Strange results on code speed

>  You might want to retry your tests with -O4 or so.  At -O2 function
>inlining is not done, I believe, and that might well make a big
>difference.

According to the doc, -O3 is the highest optimization level available
and -O3 does inlining indeed.  In fact i used the -O2 option on
purpose, as the code is written with inline directives where they are
needed.  Nevertheless, i tried your suggestion, but the speed
difference is not significant.

--
Laurent.