Re: linux and EGCS PATCH

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Martin.Dalecki wrote:

> The following little patch resolvs the compilation problems for the linux
> kernel with the just releases egcs-1.0 compiler. It seems to be correct
> anyway.

I much prefer to just mark the "load_ldt()" asm as volatile, or as
changing memory. Both of those should correctly tell egcs that it
shouldn't move the ldt loading to before the ldt is set up completely.

Good to see that egcs seems to be much more aggressive at these things, as
far as I can tell egcs did the right thing given the constraints it had.

		Linus