Re: Install instructions + dejagnu suggestion

  In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.971201093807.17181A-100000@argon.roma2.infn.it>you
write:
  > Now, at first the egcs thing: I think the instructions should contain some
  > hint to the
  > 	--program-prefix
  > configure option, which could be useful to those who would like to have
  > both GNU gcc and egcs available (and was noted in some message in the
  > mailing list).
We're recommending using --prefix and a few symlinks.  It avoids problems
with g++ header file conflicts.  See the faq.

  > Then, even though I'm not sure it belongs here, the dejagnu
  > question/suggestion: in as much as I can see, deja runs at all from expect
  > scripts. Shouldn't then be possible to do some tests to see if expect and
  > tcl/tk have been installed on the system before the build? This comes from
  > bad results I got from a make check inside dejagnu build directory in a
  > debian system where I had both tcl/tk installed, but unrecognized... I
  > mean: trying to call tclsh and expect (or which tclsh, expect) could let
  > the install run without recompiling both interpreters.
This is outside the scope of egcs -- we really don't want to any more time in
burn time in dejagnu than is absolutely necessary.

You might take this up with the dejagnu folks though....  dejagnu@cygnus.com

jeff