Re: egcs 971122 bug compiling bzip2 with -O2 -funroll-loops

  In message <19971125213126.13607@cs.swarthmore.edu>you write:
  > compiled with a simple ./configure; make bootstrap.  BTW, does that turn
  > on the Haifa scheduler?  Should it be on for best performance?  And what
  > flags should I use to generate optimal code for an UltraSparc?
Haifa is only enabled by default on the HPPA right now; we'll be enabling
it by default for more targets after the first release.

To enable haifa on other targets you need to configure with --enable-haifa.

The Haifa scheduler will probably help the PA, Alpha & rs6000/ppc; other
ports will likely need to be re-tuned for Haifa.

Sorry, I don't know what flags you should use for optimal UltraSparc
performance.

Jeff