Re: 1008 segfaults in genattr

  In message <19971117162101.41289@dgii.com>you write:
  > > at all. BTW, by ".fini", I mean a section which will be called
  > > by the system automatically upon exit and the only thing you
  > > have to do is stick some stuff you want in it. If you need
  > > to do more than that, it is not the ".fini" gcc wants.
  >
  > That is part of the ELF spec, and I'm pretty sure that Unixware
  > does exactly what you're asking of it.
And since all svr4 systems are supposed to be using ELF, in theory we
should be able to count on .fini support.

However, some targets (dgux, sh-elf, others?) seem to want to disable .fini
support from svr4.h, and thus would need ATEXIT.  There may also be some targets
that include svr4.h, but don't use crt*, so they'd need ATEXIT too.

What a *()&@#$ mess.

Considering that most targets seem to be mis-behaving in only minor ways
with HAVE_ATEXIT & .fini support enabled, I think the safest way to go is
to create a new target file for unixware which sucks in svr4.h, then
undefs HAVE_ATEXIT.

We could then try to clean this mess up before the second release.

Thoughts?

jeff