DWARF EH problem (was: Re: (971023) Addendum: i386-linux-gnulibc1 g++ test results)

Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <345CE1AD.36A6@mail.wh9.tu-dresden.de>you write:
>   > I've got a similiar problem, but unfortunately I'm not able to narrow it
>   > to an appropriate test case yet. (Linux 2.0.29/libc5.4.39). The symptom
>   > is after throwing an exception my process hangs for a time, and after
>   > that it crashes with SIGSEGV. This may depend on the produced binary, as
>   > I've seen it working by varying static libraries needed. (Those libs
>   > have been compiled with exactly the same options). However, *all works
>   > fine* rebuilding completely using -fsjlj-exceptions, what confirms that
>   > this bug apears in snapshots later then egcs-2.90.06 when DWARF EH has
>   > been put in.
>   >
>   > As there should be some EH patches in next snapshot I hope they will
>   > solve this problem as well. I would also greatly appreciate some hints
>   > on how to provide a helpful bug report for cases like this.
> I don't think the EH fixes for the next snapshot fix _all_ of these
> kinds of problems -- in fact, I've got at least one testcase that
> still behaves in a similar fashion.

>From egcs-971105 to 971114 the symptom has changed in so far as the
process does not hang for a time any more after throwing an exception,
but it crashes immediately. However, I still cannot narrow it to a
testcase.

Tom.

--
Thomas Weise, http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~tw4
Dresden University of Technology, Department of Computer Science