Re: egcs-971105 config.guess and gcc/config.guess have diverged

	Ooops, what I meant to say was egcs' config.guess and
	gcc-2.7.90's config.guess have diverged.  And I think it does matter
	given the recent failures I had on alphaev56.

Yes it matters.  The goal is to try to keep them in sync, but occasional
short term divergences will be unavoidable.  We unfortunately did not have
any merges from the FSF since early Aug, so anything added to the FSF gcc2
sources after that will not be in EGCS.  The alphaev56 support was added
after that point, and hence is not in EGCS yet.

This stuff is so new that we may not be able to support it in the initial
EGCS release.

Incidentally, after starting a branch for the initial EGCS release, the first
thing we did was merge with the most recent FSF snapshot, so the post release
EGCS sources will be up-to-date with the FSF as of the Oct 21 snapshot.
The EGCS snapshots have since been coming from the release branch.  As soon as
the release is out, we will make snapshots from the mainline sources again,
and the alphaev56 support will be there.

Jim