Re: Strange behavior

On Tue, 11 November 1997, 14:34:55, jackson@negril.msrce.howard.edu wrote:

    >The stage`n' directories are only supposed to be removed if you call
    >`make compare-lean'; `make compare' will leave the them untouched.

    Yes, but 'make bootstrap-lean' SHOULD do a 'make compare-lean' and,
    therefore, remove the second stage after a sucessful compare, which it
    doesn't.  Looking through the compare target in the gcc/Makefile, everything
    looks fine, but I don't really know makefile syntax so that doesn't mean
    much.

None of the possible 'make bootstrap*' rules invoke _any_ compare*
targets; hence, you have to call them yourself and it depends on which
compare (compare, compare-lean, gnucompare, gnucompare-lean) you call
if the stage`n' subdir will be removed.

Manfred.