Re: egcs/fortran warnings (Was : possible spurious warning for isdigit)

>> In my opinion you should fix your code to include the casts.  Or you
>> shouldn't use -Wall.  I think it's reasonable to require casts to
>> disable warnings.
>>

>Well, here are the warnings I get when compiling egcs-971105/g77 :

[warnings against g77 code I wrote omitted]

I looked at the first few of these, and they were all cases
of invocations of <ctype.h>'s "isfoo" functions with a char
argument.

Let me know about any exceptions to this -- I'm getting closer
to building egcs myself, but not quite there yet (still gotta
install a new disk drive).

In the meantime, it seems the right place to fix this is the
<ctype.h> implementations of is* (and maybe to*) functions on
the system(s) that yield these warnings.  Maybe all they
need is a cast; or maybe they need a way to properly handle
negative inputs that a simple cast wouldn't solve.

Or, let me know if these functions are supposed to accept
int, not char, and I'll change g77 accordingly (though that
would seem to be a painful thing to do, offhand).

        tq vm, (burley)