Required gas version? (was: Re: Results for haifa-disabled egcs-971105 g++ testsuite on i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1)

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Joe Buck wrote:

> Judging by the many eh failures, I assume that you are using an old
> version of gas ?

Exactly what version of gas should be sufficient and where I could find it?? I
recently installed egcs-971023 with pgcc-patches to my Debian/Ix86-box and
noticed that my own very simple EH-test dumps core. Fortunately I remembered
those warnings that old gas would cause EH not to work and I downloaded
gas-970915.tar.gz archive from ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/infrastructure
assuming that it would be new enough version. After replacing my old Debian
1.3.1-distributed gas with that one, that EH-test still dumps core, so I guess
that gas wasn't new enough...

Thanks in advance!

---
Hannu Koivisto | What you see is all you get.
NOYB           |                            - Brian Kernighan