Linux Intel Requirements to Build egcs

I'm new to the list and I haven't been able to build any of the ecgs
binaries from 971031.  I always end up with cpp usage errors in various
places.

I am running RedHat 4.2 and I have made all of the upgrades necessary to
build 2.1.x kernels.  (I run kernel 2.1.57 if that makes any
differnece.)  My machine is a SMP dual PPro.

I have:

binutils 2.8.1.0.1
libc-5.4.28
gcc-2.7.2.3
libg++-2.7.2.8
ld.so 1.9.5
dejagnu 1.3

Do I need libgcc2?

Also what ./configure options should I be using for this settup?

(I noticed that autoconf always generates gcc/Makefile with
USE_COLLECT=ld even if I don't specify --with-gnu-ld.  Is this an error?
I remove this by hand my compile goes much further but still fails.)

Thanks, Sean

- Sean Kevin O'Keeffe  -
- (619) 272-1673       -
- sokeeffe@ucsd.edu    -