Re: Bug on PPC (no patch yet)

>  Robert> + /* If type is negative, produce an internal compiler error.
>  Robert> + This may be caused by an array that is too large.

As I said, I'm not sure that patch is correct, since a larger overflow
can produce an invalid positive result.

> I assume this wouldn't happen for 64-bit targets unless the array size
> exceeds 64 (not 32) bits, right?

Yes.

> The error generated should NOT be "internal compiler error".  That
> error message should always mean "there's a bug in the compiler" and
> never "there's something wrong with your source code".

There's nothing wrong with the source code.  Furthermore, the compiler is
not detecting an error in itself, so it's not an internal compiler error
either.  That's why I suggested a "sorry, not implemented" type of
message.