Re: (971016) g++ and Blitz -- YES

Bill Gribble writes:
> After reading Jason's suggestion that -Wreturn-type
> (implied by -Wall) defeated his memory-hogging fix, I started
> stripping off options.

Does this mean that the memory bloat problem is believed fixed for the cases
when -Wxxx is not used?  I have an example which uses a lot of memory using
just -O.  [ignore, for the moment, my unusual use of @ in filenames]

> limit datasize 150M
> g++ -O @.xall.cc
xservice.@: In method `communicationService_t::communicationService_t(const class mystring &, class generic_remote_t &)':
In file included from xall.@:15,
                 from @.xall.cc:1:
xservice.@:128: virtual memory exhausted

I can supply the file or try to reduce it to a small test case if desired.  If
this is still an open issue, I apologize for bringing it up again.  Perhaps a
"to do" / "open issues" list should be put on the egcs web page somewhere?