Re: Fortran testsuite?

  In message <199709170143.VAA00338@ahab.rutgers.edu>you write:
  > In case the g77-alpha people are wondering, it seems like time to
  > gather our code snippets and produce a Fortran testsuite.
Sounds great.

  > Do you have
  > anything you would like to contribute?  I have saved some codes people
  > have posted, but no where near all of them.
I would encourage folks to send mail to Kate when the report bugs which
includes something like

Subject: New Fortran test

So that she can quickly identify new tests for the testsuite.  That is
how things are (supposed) to work with tege & c-torture.

  > I'm using "call exit(1)" until we come to some consensus on this.  It
  > is true that it isn't portable - I remember using "call exit" which
  > worked on at least one or two systems that didn't want an argument.
  > Then it dumped core on the Sun, on which f77 wanted the argument.
Sounds reasonable.

  > Is there some place I should put draft vesrions?  I have put what I
  > have so far on gate.gnu.ai.mit.edu in ~fortran/kate.
Sounds good for now.

  > It unpacks to a
  > testsuite directory (get dejagnu, "runtest --tool g77").  I hardcoded
  > the path to /usr/local/bin/g77 and it doesn't get the right answer when
  > searching for "do" loops.
It's still good 'nuff for us to start hacking on.  I can probably help
with the stuff like having the test harness find g77 and the like.

I don't know enough fortran to provide regexps to find loops in the
code.  If it's not easy 'nuff, then we can just have the loop unrolling
tests run regardless of what the source looks like.

I'm not sure if we should be working with something like f-torture.exp or
trying to make the fortran tests use c-torture.exp.  I'm tempted to go
with the first until we have a better idea how to break out any language
dependent stuff from c-torture.exp.

jeff