Re: ftp area suggestion

  In message <199709112159.OAA13042@ninemoons.com>you write:
  > If you look at the following log message from "mirror" on
  > ftp.ninemoons.com, where I keep an egcs mirror, you will notice that
  > it is refetching files that it already had (such as
  > egcs-970907.tar.gz) because they moved, and then deleting the copies
  > from their original location.
Not sure what the best solution is.

Basically we don't want the toplevel directory to get too cluttered;
thus I've been moving the old snapshots away and keeping just
the diff files (old ones will move into "old", I just haven't
done so yet)

We could push everything into subdirs based on the date, but
then if you have snapshot a and want up update to e without
sucking down a whole new release you have to go searching through
all the subdirs looking for the various patchfiles.

Also, as others have pointed out symlinks are bad, some mirrors
choke badly on them.

I guess we could keep a handful of snapshots at the toplevel and
delete some of the intermediate ones over time...

I'm open to more suggestions...

Jeff