Re: libio patch

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> The only problem is glibc 2.0.4 or below. I can take those out.

Do this.  Not only because of missing thunk support glibc 2.0 to 2.0.4
are a very bad choice.  We should not encourage people to use them.

> I don't want to change too much. I have enough trouble
> to maintain my currect patch. It is not easy not to generate
> _G_config.h without majar changes.

But I changed this already for libg++.  Gimme some more time, I buried
in work and additionally maintaining hte egcs copy of all this does
not ease the task.

> Should I wait for the next libio or make a new patch to get rid of
> the mixed vtable thunks support?

Let me first take a look at all this.  Once I have libg++ compiling
without problems on glibc I'll take over the patches to egcs.

-- Uli
---------------.      drepper@cygnus.com  ,-.   Rubensstrasse 5
Ulrich Drepper  \    ,-------------------'   \  76149 Karlsruhe/Germany
Cygnus Solutions `--' drepper@gnu.ai.mit.edu  `------------------------