Re: i960 egcs 970901 problem

joel@OARcorp.com said:
> The idea is that you can have a user defined extensions to the specs
> file.  RTEMS uses this to allow per-board information to be passed to
> each invocation of gcc without requiring this information to be
> merged into gcc distributions.

I guessed it was something along these lines, thank you and Michael for
answering. I still think I need to have uCR support patched into gcc for
my work (i.e. --target=i960-ucr) but things like start files and linker
scripts are a PERFECT use of this haquerie.

I fussed with the -specs option before, but I was missing the bit of
detail about needing the blank line at the end. I was also missing the
%rename magic that really makes things look slick.
--
Steve Williams
steve@icarus.com

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.  But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."