This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: autoconf probes of float format break irix bootstrap
- To: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com>
- Subject: Re: autoconf probes of float format break irix bootstrap
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:36:50 -0800
- Cc: "'gcc-testresults at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-testresults at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <8D00C32549556B4E977F81DBC24E985DC73D@crtsmail1.technol_exch.corp.riotinto.org>
On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 04:23:54AM -0000, Billinghurst, David (CRTS) wrote:
> The autoconf probes of float format don't work on irix. The test compiles
> OK and object file contains the string IEEEFP, but irix grep doesn't detect
> It may be due to nuls in the object file, as the man page for grep states:
> If there is a line with embedded nulls, grep will only match up to the
> first null; if it matches, it will print the entire line.
This is becoming a common plaint.
Can you replace the greps with egreps and see if that fixes the