This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [PR81810] unused strcpy to a local buffer not eliminated
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: kamlesh kumar <kamleshbhalui at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rguenth at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:18:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [PR81810] unused strcpy to a local buffer not eliminated
- References: <CABKRkghNOwkwyC-97ujVXfJrUbGDc2Nuk2fetzYTSR-vQ9YT8g@mail.gmail.com>
On 8/21/19 11:23 AM, kamlesh kumar wrote:
> Hi ,
> This patch include fix for PR81810
> Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux, ok for trunk?
> 2019-08-21 Kamlesh Kumar <email@example.com>
> PR tree-optimization/81810
> * tree-ssa-dse.c (dse_dom_walker::dse_optimize_stmt): Added
> BUILT_IN_STRCPY to consider for dse.
> (maybe_trim_memstar_call): Likewise.
> (initialize_ao_ref_for_dse): Likewise.
> * gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr81810.c: New testcase.
And just to confirm, the work I'm already doing in DSE will pick up the