This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, fortran] Fix PR 90561
- From: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- To: Thomas König <tk at tkoenig dot net>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 14:38:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch, fortran] Fix PR 90561
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yes that's good to apply to 9 and 10 branches. I am certain that there
are other places where the new function will be very helpful.
Thanks for the patch.
On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 13:59, Thomas König <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hello world,
> this patch fixes a 9/10 regression by placing the variable used to
> hold a string length at function scope.
> I chose to implement this version of gfc_evaluate_now as a separate
> function because I have a sneaking suspicion this may not be the
> last time we are going to encounter something like that - better
> have the function there for future use.
> Regression-tested. OK for trunk and gcc-9?
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
- Albert Einstein