This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, committed] Fix comment about pcrel_external_address
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 15:11:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, committed] Fix comment about pcrel_external_address
- References: <20190801183812.GA2805@ibm-toto.the-meissners.org>
On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 02:38:12PM -0400, Michael Meissner wrote:
> I committed this patch as 'obvious'. As I'm preparing the next round of future
> PowerPC patches, I noticed I had a typo in the usage for the predicate
> ;; Return true if the operand is an external symbol whose address can be loaded
> ;; into a register using:
> -;; PLA reg,label@pcrel@got
> +;; PLD reg,label@pcrel@got
Are you sure?
pla reg,value loads "value" into reg
pld reg,value loads the memory contents at address "value" into reg
(both use pcrel addressing, so +CIA)
pcrel_external_mem_operand does this extra indirection already?