This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, Darwin, config] Check for DWARF debug line support with otool.
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Iain Sandoe <iain at sandoe dot co dot uk>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 09:24:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, Darwin, config] Check for DWARF debug line support with otool.
- References: <E5E16D50-9BA8-4D44-986E-77432F3715DD@sandoe.co.uk>
On 12/23/18 4:53 AM, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> This corrects a long-standing misconfiguration for Darwin.
> The assembler supports the “.file” and “.loc” directives, but
> the GCC configury was not detecting this because it was
> using objdump, which does not exist on most Darwin installations.
> We added support for “otool” to GCC and now we can use that to
> make the check that’s done with objdump on ELF targets.
> OK for trunk?
> * configure.ac (dwarf2_debug_line): Check for the debug_line
> section using otool when there’s no objdump available.
> * configure: Regenerate.