This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] attribute copy, leaf, weakref and -Wmisisng-attributes (PR 88546)
- From: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 17:33:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] attribute copy, leaf, weakref and -Wmisisng-attributes (PR 88546)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20181222001642.GL23305@tucnak>
On 12/21/18 5:16 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 04:50:47PM -0700, Martin Sebor wrote:
The first revision of the patch was missing a test and didn't
completely or completely correctly handle attribute noreturn.
Attached is an update with the test included and the omission
and bug fixed.
I think it makes sense to consider the patch independently of
the question whether weakrefs should be extern. That change can
Weakrefs shouldn't be extern, that is what we were using initially and
changed to static. At this point we can't change that again IMNSHO.
Sorry, I mixed things up. What I meant is "independently of
the question whether leaf should be accepted on extern declarations."