This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [RFC] PR target/52813 and target/11807
- From: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- To: Dimitar Dimitrov <dimitar at dinux dot eu>
- Cc: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>, Thomas Preudhomme <thomas dot preudhomme at linaro dot org>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 14:36:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC] PR target/52813 and target/11807
if I understood that right, then clobbering sp is and has always been ignored.
If that is right, then I would much prefer a warning, that says exactly that,
because that would also help to understand why removing that clobber statement
is safe even for old gcc versions.
Since your patch did not actually change the handling of the PIC register, that
one should of course stay an error.