This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: PATCH to add pp command to gdbinit.in
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 10:15:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: PATCH to add pp command to gdbinit.in
- References: <CADzB+2mSSYbHJxP=d3KuKZForEHDWnVstx4QOtS-SL2DXqB9FQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 12/6/18 1:59 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
> Since pvt was removed, it's bugged me that to pretty-print a vec I
> needed to write out "call debug($)". So this patch adds a generic
> command "pp" to print anything handled by a debug overload.
> OK for trunk?
Seems quite reasonable. I didn't even know we had a debug method for vecs.
I wonder if we should standardize this stuff so that every significant
datastructure has a debug method.