This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PPC] Fix PR88343.
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Iain Sandoe <iain at sandoe dot co dot uk>
- Cc: GCC-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 12:11:59 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PPC] Fix PR88343.
- References: <40EA3BFC-C4F7-4CA0-9C65-19C47AA3C74D@sandoe.co.uk>
On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 05:10:07PM +0000, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> The PR is about unnecessary saves of the pic base register, it shows on m32 Linux and m32/m64 Darwin.
> The fix is to check that we are in a pic mode and that the picbase has actually been used.
> As a bonus, some #ifdef’d TARGET_MACHO code is no longer required.
> Tested on power7, bootstrapped on Darwin (testing continues).
> OK for trunk?
Okay for trunk if testing completes successfully :-) Thanks!
Sure. Please let is soak on trunk for a week first; and don't do 7
until 7.4 has been made?
> 2018-xx-xx Segher Boessenkool <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Iain Sandoe <email@example.com>
> * config/rs6000/rs6000.c (save_reg_p): Do not save the picbase reg
> unless it has been used. (first_reg_to_save): Remove dead code.
Your changelogs still wrap (the second "(" should start a new line).