This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3][rs6000] x86-compat vector intrinsics fixes for BE, 32bit
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Paul Clarke <pc at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 12:07:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3][rs6000] x86-compat vector intrinsics fixes for BE, 32bit
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 08:58:15AM -0600, Paul Clarke wrote:
> Many of the tests for the x86-compatible vector intrinsics implementations
> were protected by "#ifdef __BUILTIN_CPU_SUPPORTS__", which is only enabled
> with recent enough glibc that in most environments, the test were silently
> passing without actually testing anything.
And that will still be true for years to come. Right. Thanks for working
> Patches which follow:
> 01: Fix the implementations.
> 02: Fix the test cases.
> 03: Enable the tests to actually run the test code.
In the future, please thread the patches, so that all of them have
In-Reply-To: the 0/N patch.