This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] various OpenACC reduction enhancements - ME and nvptx changes
- From: Tom de Vries <tdevries at suse dot de>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Cesar Philippidis <cesar at codesourcery dot com>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 16:55:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] various OpenACC reduction enhancements - ME and nvptx changes
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20181204122914.GK12380@tucnak>
On 04-12-18 13:29, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:19:53AM -0700, Cesar Philippidis wrote:
>> The attached patch includes the nvptx and GCC ME reductions enhancements.
>> Is this patch OK for trunk? It bootstrapped / regression tested cleanly
>> for x86_64 with nvptx offloading.
> This is all OpenACC specific code not really shareable with OpenMP, if
> Thomas (for middle-end) and Tom (for NVPTX backend) are ok with it, it is ok
> for trunk.
Formatting needs to be fixed:
There should be exactly one space between function name and parenthesis.
160:+ unsigned old_shift = DIM_SIZE(VECTOR);
Also, the updated patch does not address my comment about probabilities
here ( https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2018-10/msg00325.html ):
> + /* Create the loop. */
> + post_edge->flags ^= EDGE_TRUE_VALUE | EDGE_FALLTHRU;
Edges need probabilities, as in nvptx_lockless_update,
nvptx_lockfull_update and nvptx_goacc_reduction_init.