This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][OpenACC] Update deviceptr handling during gimplification
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Cesar Philippidis <cesar_philippidis at mentor dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 14:38:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][OpenACC] Update deviceptr handling during gimplification
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 03:09:38PM -0700, Cesar Philippidis wrote:
> I had previously posted this patch as part of a monster deviceptr patch
> here <https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2018-06/msg01911.html>. This
> patch breaks out the generic gimplifier changes. Essentially, with this
> patch, the gimplifier will now transfer deviceptr data clauses using
> Is this patch OK for trunk? It bootstrapped / regression tested cleanly
> for x86_64 with nvptx offloading.
See my comments on the monster deviceptr patch.
> 2018-XX-YY Cesar Philippidis <email@example.com>
> * trans-openmp.c (gfc_omp_finish_clause): Don't create pointer data
> mappings for deviceptr clauses.
> (gfc_trans_omp_clauses): Likewise.
> * gimplify.c (enum gimplify_omp_var_data): Add GOVD_DEVICETPR.
> (omp_notice_variable): Add GOVD_DEVICEPTR attribute when appropriate.
> (gimplify_scan_omp_clauses): Likewise.
> (gimplify_adjust_omp_clauses_1): Set GOMP_MAP_FORCE_DEVICEPTR for
> implicit deviceptr mappings.
> * c-c++-common/goacc/deviceptr-4.c: Update expected data mapping.