This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C PATCH] Fix endless loop in the C FE initializer handling (PR c/85704)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 22:09:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C PATCH] Fix endless loop in the C FE initializer handling (PR c/85704)
- References: <20180724085756.GB17988@tucnak> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 08:04:58PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok for trunk and
> > release branches?
> > 2018-07-24 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> > PR c/85704
> > * c-typeck.c (field_decl_cmp): New function.
> > (output_pending_init_elements): Use it for field comparisons
> > instead of pure bit_position comparisons.
> > * gcc.c-torture/compile/pr85704.c: New test.
> OK, though I'm a bit uneasy about both c-decl.c and c-typeck.c having
> static field_decl_cmp functions that do completely different comparisons.
So would you like me to rename it somehow?
init_field_decl_cmp, or field_cmp, or fld_cmp, something else?